Click here to view directly on Facebook.Facebook.com/SFSpiritOnline
Note: You don't need a Facebook Account to View.
SAVE THE DATE
Deacon Steve Greco is a dynamic speaker, author and founder of Spirit-filled Hearts Ministry. Deacon Steve is a man of vibrant faith with the charisms of healing and teaching rooted in his deep love and knowledge of the Word of God! His fatherly heart embraces each soul he touches with God's tender mercy and love! Our Lord moved Deacon Steve to found Spirit-Filled Hearts Ministry in order to serve and spread the good news of Jesus Christ! Deacon Steve gives talks and healing services throughout California and the United States in many parishes and Catholic conferences and radio. He currently is host of a weekly radio show, Empowered by the Spirit heard on Relevant Radio, Sundays at 12PM and ESNE Radio on Sundays 9PM. He has been married to his wife Mary Anne for 45 years and they have three children and four grandchildren. He has published 365 Days of Praise, Reflections on the Holy Spirit, and Expect and Experience Miracles.
A New Season
To you who have been called by God to be His holy people (1 Cor 1:2)
We read in Jeremiah 1:6, Jeremiah's response to be a prophet to his people, "I do not know how to speak. I'm too young". Isn't that often the way we respond when we sense God is calling us to make a change in our life or to pursue a new direction; we feel we are just not ready to change. Hopefully, we come around to God's command and walk the path He has set out for us. Sometimes God shuffles a deck in our lives, changes come about and opportunities flourish with the Holy Spirit leading the way. We have been staying at home - keeping a social distance for a very long time and many of us have learned to do more on the Internet than ever before - connecting with one another on ZOOM, attending mass, communicating via Facebook and other social media, emailing more often, shopping on Internet and more.
Without many of us realizing it, God has been giving us a new way to grow in our faith, to experience the power of the Holy Spirit and to share our faith. Once you had to pay a registration fee and travel many miles to obtain fresh teachings and inspiration, hear a favorite speaker, receive healing prayer and more; now you simply have to go onto the Internet to obtain these benefits and more.
The SF Archdiocese Catholic Charismatic Renewal Board will periodically post recommendation of an online experience that we like - most will be free.
Fr. Mark Goring from the Companions of the Cross gives a dynamic overview of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit and the Catholic Charismatic Renewal. He will bless you. It is available here.
Steubenville "Night Of Hope: featured praise & worship with a keynote presentation by Dr. Scott Hahn and Questions & answers with Fr. Dave Pivonka and team. It was excellent watch here
In 1 John 4, God tells us "Let us love one another because love is of God". Jesus is always interceding on our behalf. Let us as individuals and community during the next few weeks pray together for the following needs:
- For the speedy contraction of this pandemic.
- For the poor and needy who are suffering disproportionately during this pandemic.
- For the all who are bearing with the heavy burden of persecution, discrimination, lost opportunities and disfavor.
- For the many personal requests sent to our website, SFSpirit.com, for prayer, healing and God's intercession in their lives of the needy.
Dcn Ernie von Emster
Associate Liaison & CCR Board Member
As a lay organization, the mission of the Charismatic Renewal is:
- To help all people come to know the love of God in their lives as demonstrated through our Lord, Jesus Christ.
- To help our brothers and sisters respond to God's love by loving God in return through a commitment to serve Christ and His Church.
- To assist them to listen and follow the movement of the Holy Spirit at work in their lives.
- To help our brothers and sisters recognize the ministry that God has called them to, and accept the gifts that God desires to bestow upon them for His work in our Church and in our world.
- To lead them to a New Life offered to us by the Holy Spirit.